10. Elf – Will Farell has grown on me over the last few years ever since his role in “Blades of Glory.” In “Elf” he was H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S. He totally owned that role and made it his own.
9. Home Alone – Who can forget this movie? Little Kevin McAllister left home all alone while his family goes on vacation and forget to take him. Doesn’t this warm a little wish fullfilment in all of us? Of course watching it now as a mom it is a little horrifying watching them take off without him… but still he took care of himself, didn’t he?
8. Love Actually – 8 different stories all intertwined around the holidays. Brilliant! A little racy, so maybe not for the kids. But all you grown-ups should rent the dvd and enjoy!
7. Nightmare Before Christmas – Kudos to Tim Burton. Awakens the dark humor in all of us and nudges all of our Goth alter egos… well maybe not all of us!
6. A Christmas Story – This has to be on the list. If only for the fact that it is played on television networks on 24 hour loop on Christmas day.
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas – Charlie Brown searching for the true meaning of Christmas.
I always looked forward to this as a kid. It was usually one of the first specials they would air during the holiday season.
4. Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer – How can you go wrong here. Another childhood favorite. Rudolf, The Abomidable Snow Creature, Hermie the dentist/elf and the island of misfit toys. Oh, how the other reindeer were so jealous when Rudolf saved the day!
3. How The Grinch Stole Christmas – Love the Jim Carrey version, but the original cartoon was a masterpiece. Dr. Seuss was a genius. All the Whos in Whoville singing their Christmas songs… even after their Christmas was stolen by the Grinch. My heart grows each time I watch it.
2. Miracle on 34th Street – A holiday classic and staple in my house growing up. In the days before DVR or even VCR, we’d get the old TV Guide and circle the dates for when "Miracle on 34th Street" would be on. I still try and watch it every Christmas.
1. White Christmas – A holiday classic and my all time favorite! Love it. Love it. Love it!! Go watch it today… you won’t be sorry.