Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Top Ten Favorite Words...

...that start with "A"

10. Anomaly – It makes me happy when I can discover and point out an anomaly. Mainly because I can say or write the word "anomaly…"

9. Awkward – This word has been popular lately, also I love reading and tweeting “that awkward moment when…” tweets. They are so true and so funny.

8. Audacity – Such an accusatory word. “You have the audacity to come in here and disrespect me like that? It’s like an eloquent way of saying someone has balls.

7. Articulate – People that can articulate well, are some of my favorite people in the world.

6. Aesthetics – I feel very grown up using this word.

5. Apostrophe – I’m not sure I love the word as much as I love when and actual apostrophe (‘) is used correctly and hate when it isn’t.

4. Amuck – It is just fun to say. “The kids are running amuck.”

3. Abominable – I have loved this word, ever since I first saw the Abominable Snowman from “Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer.”

2. Alliteration – Don’t you love how it just rolls off your tongue?

1. Absolutely – This has been my favorite word ever since I started watching The Office. Dwight: Do you want to form an alliance with me?
Jim: Absolutely, I do.

Bonus:

Amazing – an old standby favorite.

Anagram – discovering and figuring out anagrams make every word lover happy.

Appreciate – Another great word! I use it a lot in my business writing and correspondence.

Actually – I over-use this particular word a lot. Especially, in my writing. Oh well, I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Do you know number 1 tourist destination is actually in peru? go to the following link to find out about top 10 tourist destination

    interstingrandomtop10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete